I have been having bad night cough for the last two nights. I refrained myself from taking cough medicine and cough relief tablets because the more I consumed, my cough seem to get worst. Not much choice but to rely just on drinking more water, eat more honey and fruits for vitamin C.
My girl was rather sad seeing mummy having sleepless nights. The night before, she offered to help apply Vicks VapoRub on my chest and my back before I slept. She even "relocated" her bed to my room just in case I needed more Vicks in the middle of the night :)... Well, frankly she likes to sleep with daddy and mummy still despite she is already 9! I suppose this would give her a very good excuse to do so though ha! :) :)
Yesterday night, seeing me coughing like a horse, she went into the internet and search for information on how to get rid of night tickling cough! She had written them in pieces of small papers, joined them together and had pasted it on the wall next to my bed. I am so touched by her gesture! I am so in love with her!!!
And by the way, this is my "prescription".
In case anyone out there faces similar sickness as I do, some of the effective one are:
- hot tea with lemon and honey
- cinnamon and lime (boil 1 or 2 pieces of cinnamon in a pot of lime juice)
- take a warm bath - take deep breath in front of the shower as steam helps to hydrate our throat
- put a cold wet cloth over your throat to relief coughing - this one seems to work well surprisingly!
- apply Vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of your feet, cover with socks - all these while, I had been applying Vicks on my chest and throat area instead. No wonder it is not working!
To our beloved daughter, bravo!
Mummy and Daddy love you so much and this is for you!!