Monday, June 7, 2010

Moment of laughters... I mean a real laugh!

I went to bookstore the other day. My eyes wandered around as usual looking for interesting covers. This particular novel caught my attention. Out of curiosity I pick up the book. Not any latest release, in fact it was major motion picture a few years ago. Haha!! Well, I must admit I am not those who are very up-to-date type!

The book is written by John Grisham. That is y i was curious! As far as I could  recall, John Grisham writes stories related to criminals, accused and defendant and all the related blah blah blah. ... I am not particularly a fan of his. But somehow, this book "Skipping Christmas" ~~ as I interpreted from its cover, it is a comedy definitely.

I decided to buy the book anyway. To my surprise, this book is really hilarious.

The part I enjoyed most about this book was the laughter it had brought to me and my daughter. One night I retold the story to my Lv, we laughed and laughed until it was way beyond her sleeping time. My husband was giving warning signal... its 10 o'clock already... its 11 o'clock already... usually I am quite particularly having Lv sleep on time. But, for that particular night, we just had too much fun and laughter, that I thought to myself ..... "well... to hell with it! [ophs..] lets have fun!!"


I could see her face expression with eye widely opened, from surprise turn into oh my god! At one point she hid her head under the pillow knowing that something really bad gonna happened! We both laughed our heads off. Uh... it is one of those best moments of laughter.....

Also try out this DVD. Hilarious!


So, if you are in search of a real laugh, trust me, it is really fun when you retold the story to your little ones!


Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

No comments:

Post a Comment